Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Darkening Dream by Andy Gavin

If you like horror, this is a great book for you! It is intelligent, well-written, very well edited and gripping. Sarah is a young Jewish girl in turn of the century Salem who is friends with a group of other teenagers. They stumble upon more than they bargain for when they find a newly turned vampire in their small town. Befriending a young Greek boy named Alex, they are determined to find the maker of this vampire and put a stop to all of the nefarious deeds that seem to be happening all around Salem.

This is not your average tale of vampires. There are no sparkles and the vampires are definitely not "vegetarians." They are dark, evil beings who seek to bring about the end of the earth. There are warlocks, demons, and shape shifters. Mythology, biblical references and folklore fill the story with depth and creativity.

I have mixed feelings about this book. It was dark, and scary. There was a little bit of bad language in it. There was some sexual content. I would not recommend it to young readers or to those who are easily offended or frightened. It is very violent, which did not bother me. The violence was so well-written that it did not seem gratuitous. Much like "Godfather."

I was intrigued. I was frightened. And the end left me wanting more. I want to know what happens to the dear families and characters that I have come to know. I hope there is a sequel!

If you would like a free copy of this book from the author, Andy Gavin, follow this link today or tomorrow and get your free ebook!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment